Monday, June 3, 2013

Rainy Day

Good morning!
One might assume that because it’s raining out that the bugs wouldn’t be as big of a problem. I can tell you that in spite of the rain, the bugs are definitely still a problem. I would love being outside right now, as long as I had a hat to keep the rain off my glasses, because we are having some lovely rain if it weren’t for the bugs; mostly mosquitoes. I was out for just a few minutes milking and was attacked by several of the pesky insects.
This is the cheesecake.
Yesterday was a pretty good day. Last Sunday we got a new Primary presidency and yesterday changes were evident. The most major and visible one that I saw was a move from one end of the cultural hall for sharing/singing time back to the Primary room which had been taken over for nursery. The nursery is now back in the nursery room. I questioned why things were the way they were when we arrived in the Gardner Ward and the answer was not satisfactory. This is a welcome change. Seth and Cedric both like the move. I’m not sure Joseph really cares one way or another.
Awesome clouds, eh?
After church we had grilled sausage, sour dough bread, and potato salad with cheesecake for dessert and lemonade to drink. I wanted to do something that wouldn’t heat up the house as you recall and it worked out perfectly. I moved the grill to the shade in the driveway under the big tree in front of the house so that was nice. The potato salad needed olives and bacon and Laura thought it needed more mustard and Jonathan agreed with her. Otherwise, it was good. Amena made the lemonade; she’s turning in to a very good maker of lemonade. Cheesecake is almost always good; this time it might have been nice if I’d have frozen it because it wasn’t baked but still, it was good and we had rhubarb/strawberry sauce with it which was quite good.
Awesome double rainbow. For a time, there was actually a third one visible inside the brightest as well.
Jonathan and Elizabeth came over to eat with us. They just moved into their own apartment and didn’t have any electricity. They should be getting it turned on this morning between 8 and noon. Jonathan is hoping closer to 8 because he has to be to work at noon. We had a nice visit and they ended up staying until sometime around 6. They even went out with Cedric and the dogs for a little walk.
I thought it interesting how the clouds were lighter inside the rainbow and darker outside.
On the agenda for today is a lot of I don’t know. I had planned to work in the garden but with the rain I just don’t think that’s going to happen. It is supposed to rain pretty much all day but if we do get a break, I will most likely go out and do something in the garden. Since it is a nice temperature in the house currently, I’ll most likely get something done inside. Other than that, I really don’t know. The day is an empty slate.
Up close and personal.

Have a fantastic one!

No comments:

Post a Comment