Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Imagine

And another good morning! It is mostly blue skies out with a little breeze and looks like a lovely day to go do something outside. Too bad I won’t.
Yesterday was a nice day. I went to Auburn to visit with Christine and Jocelyn. Christine and I have visited a couple of times in the last two years but I hadn’t seen Jocelyn since May of 2011. It’s been a while; too long in my opinion.
When I got home, there were signs that Joanna had gotten off work early but no Joanna. She’d started cleaning and there was a pile of stuff she’d swept up. I needed to work on the kitchen so that I could make supper but I wanted to read first. And eat something for lunch. I had intended to ride and do Pilates but because we were out of hot water and I wasn’t sure when we’d get it back, I didn’t want to get all sweaty. Therefore, no bike or Pilates.
Joanna had gone out to get a few things. When she came back, the dogs had new food dishes and there was a new trash can for her room. She absolutely spoiled Trista yesterday giving her lots of puppy love. It is amazing what just a few minutes of attention can do for a dog. Imagine what the same would do for all the abused and abandoned animals in the world. Imagine what the same would do for all the abused and abandoned children in the world. Imagine what the same would do for all the abused and abandoned people in nursing homes. Just imagine what the world would be like if we could take just a few minutes from our busy schedules and spend time with someone who has no one.

Supper last night was kolaskis and keugela. Don’t ask if those are spelled correctly because I have no idea. They are phonetically correct for English but they are Lithuanian. Kolaskis are cottage cheese filled dumplings. I boiled them for last night and you eat them with sour cream. They are very good warmed up with butter in a frying pan the next day as well. Keugela is a potato casserole made from grated potatoes, chopped onions, farina, eggs, salt, pepper, and I think that’s it. It is also very good warmed up with butter in a frying pan the next day. Especially with an egg. We had chocolate and plain cheesecake for desert.
The bus has just arrived. Paul is in the shower singing; it is always interesting listening to him because he takes songs that you know and changes the words sometimes. Yesterday Laura said she wanted to take Joanna to the temple. I don’t know if Joanna has agreed to go yet but I do know they both have today off. Joanna also has tomorrow off.
Currently, I am about to eat beef heart with onions and mushrooms. Yummy!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment