Friday, August 10, 2012

A Day Unlike All Others

Well, today is one of those mornings. I don’t really feel like doing anything. Paul and Laura left about 15 or 20 minutes ago. Joanna and Amena left about half an hour ago. The boys are all outside. Paul and Laura are on their way to work, of course. Joanna is taking Amena to the West’s so she can get a ride from there to Leominster to a regional Young Women’s conference. Elaine Dalton will be speaking this evening for those of you for whom that name is familiar. Joanna will be back; she’d be going with Amena but she has to work this afternoon and tomorrow morning and would thus be missing, in her words, “all the best parts.” The boys are playing in the dirt which is an excellent thing for them to do. It still seems strange to have all these boys around when it used to be only girls. I’m not complaining; I rather like it, it’s just different.

Not much happened yesterday other than the usual ho hum, hum drum. Ice-cream was frozen; four kinds. There is one left and I’m still not sure what to do it. I probably should just go for the mint because it seems to go the fastest. We had raviolis, salad and bread for supper. That was pretty exciting. I took Joanna to work yesterday afternoon because she was supposed to get off at 9:00 which is too late because it’s too dark for her to ride her scooter home. She called at about 7:30 and said she was done. She’s not happy with her job and spent at least half an hour looking for jobs online once she got home. She’d be a lot happier with her job if she were able to at least work in the fountain, if not serving because she would be making more money and she applied to be a server. When she was hired, she was told she’d be greeting for a while and then go to fountain and then to serving and it would be less than six months. Well, it’s been almost six months and she’s trained half the people who are now working there as greeters and they’re all serving now. I don’t blame her for being disgruntled. I would be too.

On the agenda today is a lot of I don’t know. I have a pattern and some fabric I want to cut out and sew. I haven’t done much sewing lately. I made two of the whirly gig balls for babies and did some mending but I haven’t done any actual sewing. Pretty soon I won’t have time for that so if I’m going to, I should get it done now. The same goes for the three books I have in progress. School starts for the boys and Amena on the 28th. I think for me it starts the following week.

Right now I’m going to get something for Joseph to eat since he seems to have difficulty finding something for himself.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment