Saturday, August 11, 2012

You know, we could have 365 good mornings a year with the right attitude‏

Fred says, "Good morning!"

Good morning, good morning! I have decided that there are as many right and wrong ways to go about eating as there are people who have opinions on such things. Someone told Paul that you should eat protein in the morning and before bed because it gets your metabolism going and helps you to lose weight. On the other hand, protein inflames the body’s systems which leads to less efficient digestion and allergies. I have also heard that fiber leaves you feeling full longer and thus you are less likely to want to eat as soon after having a high fiber meal. This makes sense to me. It seems to be true, for me, anyway, as well. When I have a high fiber breakfast, I am not hungry as soon as if I eat something else. Take, for example, rolled oats and white rice. The rolled oats stick around longer because they require more work in order to be digested. White rice, as with any processed food, is in and out and you are hungry again. I am hoping that if the protein thing is true, the protein I consume in the milk I have in the morning is sufficient to do the job because I’m not a big protein-in-the-morning person. In fact, if I eat fried foods in the morning (think egg here), I have awful sulfur burps and rumblings in the intestines that can’t be good. Since I haven’t had anything like that, I feel much better. Anyway, that’s my blurb on nutrition for the day. Hope you enjoyed it.

We were blessed with rain yesterday afternoon. It was heavenly. We had a little thunder to begin things with and on and off again showers. Then it began in earnest and we had steady rain falling all afternoon. It cooled off and the humidity was tolerable for a while. The temperature is still good, currently 68°, but the humidity is awful at 96%. More rain is in the forecast for today; we’ll see how that goes. I hope we get it. We need it and it will keep Paul inside doing things that need to be done that really only he can do.

Since it was raining, I let the boys watch the third Narnia movie. While they were doing that I made a cardigan thing for me. It was supposed to be a one-hour project (according to the pattern envelope) but if someone did it in one hour, they’d be going pretty fast and/or doing a terrible job. Anyway, it turned out alright. I’d have worn it last night when Paul and I went out but I didn’t really have anything to wear it with so I’ll wait until tomorrow. I have one similar to it already but it has long sleeves and for summer, I really don’t want that. This one is sleeveless which I figured would be good for any season because I can wear short or long sleeves under. I also did some reading which was nice.

I did the sleeveless one shown in tan or beige.
Mine is black with sequins.
Right now Joanna is on her way to work and Laura is replacing a catalytic converter for someone. Cedric is counting his money and Seth and Joseph are doing whatever they are best at—running around being boys. Paul is just now coming downstairs (he likes to sleep in on Saturday and as I write this, it is 8:45) and Amena is still at the conference she went to yesterday.

Yesterday the boys showed me a rather hugish annoying insect nest on the side of the front porch. I might take a picture of it and include it with this this morning. This morning I found rather hugish rat dead in the driveway when I took the canine girls out for their walk. We walked down by Daniel’s grave and discovered that slugs have been eating the baby sunflowers. They need to be salted or pulled off and maybe I should buy them a beer.
I think we need to find the spray.

Mom, good luck unpacking and settling in. I don’t expect to hear from you immediately because I would think other things would take precedence over getting your computer hooked back up.

AD, I hope you have wonderful visit with David and Skyler. And AJ.

Cedric just brought in a jar with eleven slugs in it. I’m not sure what he’s planning but I do know that he likes to salt them and cut them in half and squish their guts out. Should be interesting whatever he decides to do.

I hope you all have a better day than do the slugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment