Sunday, August 26, 2012

Canning Day Pictures

Well, as promised, here are some canning (and cobbler and brownie) pictures.

Seth sorting rings. I used to have a ton of both regular and wide mouth. Now, other than the new wide mouth rings I just bought, all I have is regular. Just in case, I had Seth go through the bag.

Brine warming up for the half-sour pickles.

Amena washing more jars. She didn't want to wash as she'd been the last one to do it.

Peaches and cucumbers.

Peaches and cucumbers again, but up close and personal.

I liked the lines on the pot from when I was adding water in four cup increments.

Jars ready to go.
Cucumbers ready to go.

Brine added.

Pretty peaches.

Isn't this a pretty one?

Peaches blanching.

Laura peeling peaches and being, well, herself.

And again.

This was a funny peach. No comments on what it looks like.

Another view.

Sugar and cornstarch for cobbler.

Sugar and cornstarch mixed up.

Flour, sugar, salt and baking powder mixed with oil for the dumpling of the cobbler.
 
Now with the milk mixed in.
 

Peaches ready to go.

Now with the dumpling on and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar.

The brownies Amena made for the Young Woman sleepover.

Cobbler all done. I like the drips down the side of the pan. (I didn't like the drips today, however, when I was cooking pizza for lunch.)

Cobbler all done.

Mars?

Sea of jars.

Spaghetti sauce. I want to make more to try it a different way.

Spaghetti sauce and peaches.














No comments:

Post a Comment