Saturday, July 20, 2013

Ditto

I think I’m going to come up with a new, all-purpose, copy-and-pasteable blog entry:

“DITTO”

The reason for this is that much of what happened the day before applies to the day after which is the day before today.
Differences include things such as taking Seth to the doctor and Sarah Trivett spending the night.
I called the doctor at 9:00 yesterday morning. She was out of the office yesterday and will be Monday so I made an appointment for him Tuesday.
Amena and I went shopping. We went to Ocean State first because they often have better prices than Walmart. The only catch is that they often don’t have what you are looking for. They are one of those stores that you really have to go every week because things change that often. That made it both interesting to work there and something of a pain. Everything she didn’t find at Ocean State she found at Dollar Tree or whatever the heck it is called. I wanted to avoid Walmart if possible because they’re working on the entrance to the parking lot and it just isn’t even fun driving by right now. Then we went to pick Sarah up so she and Amena could have a sleepover.
When we got home, my plan was to have lunch and take everyone to Goguen’s. Seth didn’t look quite up to par so I asked him several times if he was okay going and he said yes. But then he couldn’t finish his lunch and when he was done, he went and laid on a couch in the living room.
It was then I decided that I was going to call the doctor’s office back and get the number for her back up. I did this and called at noon and the receptionist asked how quickly I could get there because they had an opening. I said 15 minutes. She said come on down. We did.
Dr. Worden is a wonderful doctor. He and his wife were partners with Dr.’s Russell. Dr. Mary Russell was our doctor before they moved out of state. Their nurses went between offices and the one we had yesterday, Rebecca, remembered us even though it’s been more than two years since we had to change doctors. Anyway, I would have taken us all to the Worden’s but they have a very busy practice and weren’t taking new patients so we had to find someone else.
We had a long wait because Dr. Worden is always running late. Knowing this, I neglected to take anything for either of us to do, mainly because I knew we needed to get there in spite of the fact that we would be waiting. We lived and Seth was seen. Dr. Worden is as sure as he can be without having an x-ray done that Seth doesn’t have pneumonia which is good. He was on the verge of bronchitis but the doctor thinks that with rest, lots of hydration, and the occasional use of an inhaler Seth will be fine within a few days. If he seems worse in two or three days we should take him back.
Our afternoon was filled with movie watching and water balloons. Pretty exciting.
Paul and I went to the Outback to eat last night. The food is good but a bit more expensive than the places we usually go for the amount that you get. It was fun to try it out but we probably won’t go again unless Joanna and Amena get us another gift card for Christmas.
On our way home we stopped at Price Chopper for milk and ice-cream. When we got home, we ate ice-cream and I worked on my story. I didn’t quite get 1,000 words done yesterday but I did write a new synopsis-type outline that was nearly that long and I did write 924 words so I think I did alright.
On tap for today: writing, laundry, fun stuff like that. Maybe water.

In the meantime, have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment