Monday, July 8, 2013

Quiet Sunday; Blank Slate Monday

Well, this morning I am glad that I am here as opposed to Bloomfield, NM, because it is 73° there at 5:00 am compared to 71° here at 7:00 am. Kalispell, MT, at 53° or Bonners Ferry, ID, at 54° would be even better. Today is one of those days that is just bleh. I went outside to milk and what I like is to feel refreshed from the cooler air and feel. Not so today.
I gave the younger four a challenge yesterday afternoon: make something out of Lego's that is Sunday related. The prize: something good.
This is Seth's Liahona.
Church yesterday was good and interesting. Sacrament meeting was good. We got a new Relief Society presidency which is probably a relief to Jenny Whitcomb as she’s been the president for a number of years. Our new president is Amy Troop with Linda Trivett and Joy Yang. Testimonies were brief, as they should be, and to the point.
This is Joseph's church which I'm guess is supposed to be a temple because the guy standing on it is Moroni.
Daniel Chunn did a good job teaching Sunday School for Paralee King and Amy Troop gave a good lesson in Relief Society about turkey vultures. Amazing birds, really. I did not know that the digestive system of these birds is so powerful—it neutralizes even anthrax. Wow.
I wanted to take this because you can't really see the gargoyle-ish head from the side. I guess it isn't that noticeable from the  front either.
We had BLTs for lunch and I cooked the bacon on the grill. That worked out fairly well other than the fact that the grill does not sit on level ground and therefore the bacon grease spilled out of the griddle. I usually get about a cup of bacon grease to cook with but this time only got about one third of a cup. Still, BLTs are almost always good and the only drawback to these was the bread. Paul got some seedless rye bread. The plus is it has no high fructose corn syrup. It is also seedless and I always thought that the reason I didn’t like rye bread was due to the caraway seed. Well, I don’t like caraway seed—it kind of makes me feel nauseous like root beer does. However, I don’t like the flavor of this rye bread and I don’t plan on eating more of it. I’d rather have a BLT salad or bagel.
And this is Moroni holding a bone for some reason and with a feather in his helmet.
We had tornado and severe thunderstorm warnings yesterday afternoon so that rather precluded going out and doing anything. Some of us watched The 5000 Days Project: Two Brothers which was interesting. If you want to know more about it, you can check out their website: 5000DaysProject.com.
Amena's missionary. I suspect he looks a lot like Harry Potter.
I did some dishes and froze the rest of the ice-cream that was ready to be frozen. Then I made chocolate lava cakes before we had prayer and read Jacob chapter 2. When we were done eating, we ate the lava cakes with ice-cream. It doesn’t get much better than that. Other than my one gripe about lava cakes: due to the fact that you need to eat them while warm, unless you wash the dishes you used to make them while they’re baking and wash the custard cups that they were baked in, there is no way you can avoid finishing the food before the dishes used in the making are washed. One of my pet peeves. I wish I’d have taken pictures because they turned out so well.
Amena's Liahona. I think they all did a pretty good good job.
Today we are due for rain according to forecasts. I am going to finish Laura’s story and Falls the Shadow. Other than that, I have no definite plans. I know Paul has work and I’m pretty sure that Laura and Joanna do because they don’t usually have Monday off. Actually, I know Joanna works at 11:00.
And that is all for today. Here, anyway. I think I might do something on the Daniel blog but it won’t be quite yet.

Have a spectacular day!

No comments:

Post a Comment