Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Lovely, Rainy Day!

Good morning! Temperature: 67°. Humidity: 97%. Chance of rain: 100%. Beautiful day! Love it! Only I need to go milk the goat.
I didn’t wake up quite as early this morning and when I did, there was this boy in bed snuggled up to me. Chances are that if Joseph is in my bed, even when it’s too hot, he is snuggled up against my back. He’s a cute kid. Last night he wanted me to get him from his room when I went to bed. I know he likes to sleep with us but I also know that he does not know that I don’t sleep as well so while I don’t mind him coming in, I would prefer it to be closer to time to wake up. It worked out that way last night which was nice.
I had to get up when I did because I looked at Joseph’s hair which is currently longer than his brothers. Which isn’t saying that it’s long because they’ve both had theirs cut within the last couple of weeks and I used the ¼ inch attachment. Thinking about his hair led to thinking about Cedric and Seth’s hair and because I’d cut Cedric’s a couple of weeks ago and Seth’s Saturday, I thought about shaving their necks and trimming the hairline. Cedric and Seth are easy to do because their necks smooth and round. Joseph’s is more like Daniel’s although not as extreme. There are a couple of muscles in the neck, I’m guessing maybe the Splenius Capitis, that were very prominent in Daniel’s neck. They made his neck hard to shave and it made it hard to trim the hair. Of course, thinking about that led to thoughts of the accident and I wondered about Daniel’s injuries. What were they? Do I want to see an autopsy report? Noone ever told me exactly what injuries he had; at least, if they did, I do not remember. Laura told me that when she was walking around the Durango, Daniel “looked like he was asleep.” Of course, continuing on that line of thought was going to cause an allergy attack and I could feel one coming on so I got up.
Now I need to go milk the goat during the current lull in the rain.
And, of course, I went out and it increased. Wasn’t too bad though. The kids are in the crate which they aren’t excited about but they have some grain and water and should be able to live through this ordeal.
Yesterday was a busy day. I went to the bank and picked up an application at Heywood because I’d seen a posting for a phlebotomy position. It turns out there were three additional listings there so I listed all four on the application. When I got home from that trip out and about, I filled out the application and filled out all the paperwork I needed to in order to apply to take the phlebotomy certification exam. I stuck that in the mailbox on my next foray out and then went to drop the application off. It turns out that the one I’d seen online was already filled but the other three were all good. Two of them were closing yesterday which is why I filled it out and got it back later in the day (before lunch, actually). I stopped at the library to get The Reckoning by Sharon K. Penman and I thought I’d look for the book that I’d had checked out in July of 2011 and which I took on our trip but never actually finished reading. When I called Grandma last week, she said that she had it and was going to read it. I thought it would be fun to read the same book so I was looking for it at the library. I couldn’t remember what it was called or who it was by so that was a problem. I did remember it was about a midwife but nothing came up in my searches. So, I got a different book about a midwife. It is a novel so we’ll see how it goes. I started The Reckoning last night so I’ll have to finish it first.
The plants inside and outside got watered. I moved three of the indoor plants out so that they could get washed. I’d like to take a few more out sometime during the summer so they can get clean as well.
Laura and Joanna went to work. Joanna in the morning, Laura in the afternoon. Paul went to work. Last Thursday on the way to work, Elizabeth told Paul that she was going to tell Blair that Friday would be her last day working at Freestyle. He was somewhat surprised when she came out from talking to Blair and said that she was leaving and wouldn’t be back. I guess Jonathan picked her up that day. Paul has enjoyed not having to pick anyone up on the way; he can drive south on 68 which is his favorite route to take. I haven’t really spoken to Elizabeth since but I guess she told Paul that she wants to go to school for early childhood development. I don’t know what kinds of jobs you can get with that type of degree but hopefully all works out well for them.
I went through my current story and wrote down all the characters in order of appearance. I also worked on the map and I think I’ve gotten everything worked out. That was kind of fun. I also 1,183 words. That was kind of fun as well.
I also emailed Birthwise. I had to tell them of my dilemma with Paul having applied for the job in Montana and one of my child watchers moving to Utah. If Paul gets the job, we will be moving and I will not be able to attend Birthwise. If he does not get the job, we may end up moving, but probably only to New Hampshire and that depended on a lot of variables. In the event he does not get the job, I would be able to attend but we won’t know until after classes start. Not having Laura here isn’t a huge consideration but having everyone else being a year older will make a difference if they have to be alone at the house for a few hours between the time they get home from school and an adult gets home. Amena will be 14 in December, Cedric will be 12, Seth will be 10 in January, and Joseph will be 7 in August. I left all of them home with Daniel when he was 14 upon occasion. He didn’t like it, whereas Amena would, but I knew that he was responsible enough for it. My concern with Amena is that she isn’t enough bigger or older than Cedric to make him behave. Daniel was.
Laura is taking Amena to the church right now to meet her ride to Girl’s Camp. Cedric is looking for something to eat. Paul is still upstairs. Seth has already eaten. Joseph is getting ready to eat. I am going to be off for now.

Have a lugubrious day! No, not really! Have a fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment