Friday, July 5, 2013

Who Needs a Title?

A bit of sleeping in is a good thing, I guess, when you are up late and haven’t really been getting enough sleep. I really prefer going to bed earlier and getting up earlier. Especially when the weather is as it has been because the coolest it ever is in the early morning. And even with that, it isn’t very cool for the time right now. Currently we stand at 74° and the forecast is not pleasant.
City
Current Time
Current°
High°/Humidity %
Low°/Humidity %
Dew Point °
Bonners Ferry, ID
5:01 am
56
76/72
51/50
47
Hubbardston, MA
8:01 am
75
91/76
69/57
70
Kalispell, MT
6:01 am
55
82/68
51/44
47
Yreka, CA
5:01 am
57
89/49
54/36
43
I’m kind of thinking that Hubbardston is not the place to be today. I don’t like this forecast at all.
Joseph and Callie were collecting rocks (and leaves).
Yesterday morning I had a bagel with some cream cheese that I mixed up with a packet of vegetable soup stuff for making dip or soup (imagine that, eh?). Seth, Joseph and Laura really like it. I had tasted little bits of the cream cheese stuff and thought it tasted pretty good so I thought I’d try it on a bagel. Well, I was hard put to finish eating it. I should have known: I don’t like bagels with cream cheese.
Seth was practicing prayer. Actually, he was falling foreward and counting to see how long he could stay under.
Other than eating and reading some of Laura’s story, I didn’t really do much yesterday morning. No one really did much yesterday morning. Paul went to look for some metal tape to use to fix the problem with the red Prizm so it will pass inspection for the Trivett’s. Seth did take the goats out for Amena. I just thought of something else but it went out just as quickly as it came in. It just wasn’t a morning for getting much done.
This is 'under.'
For lunch, I grilled some chicken drumsticks. Some I put the hot wing sauce on and some barbeque sauce. That turned out pretty good and the kids all liked it. I had one with hot sauce and it was pretty good. I like grilling because it doesn’t heat up the house but when it’s so hot outside, it really isn’t fun going in and out.
Cedric was cheating in this picture. I wan't able to capture it, but he has figured out how to swim. He now just needs to refine his form.
Paul brought home a couple of lobsters for us. If you got smaller ones, think 1.5 pounds or less, they would cook them for you there but if they were larger, they wouldn’t. Paul was going to get small ones just so we wouldn’t have to cook them here but when he discovered that the wait was about an hour, he decided to get larger ones and bring them home. By the time they would have been getting cooked, we were already eating. The boys got to eat the legs and little bits and pieces I gave them. Even with what I gave away, I couldn’t finish the whole thing and there is a piece of the tail (I guess that’s what you’d call it) waiting for me in the refrigerator.
Joseph watering the rocks and leaves he and Callie collected.
In the afternoon, I went to the Goguen’s with Laura and the boys. Amena went with the Trivett’s. Joanna didn’t want to go and neither did Paul. Paul stayed home and split wood. Joanna was going to clean her room, do laundry and wash the dishes. I could be wrong, but it seems that the only thing she did was laundry. When we got home, the windows hadn’t been opened and the house was so hot and stuffy it was awful. I went upstairs to go to bed and it was too hot and stuffy in the bedroom so I shut the doors and turned the air conditioner on and then went back downstairs with my book and ate some ice-cream. After I finished the ice-cream and had read a bit, it was much more tolerable in the bedroom.
A passel of fun-loving younglings.
Goguen’s was nice and wet and breezy which was nice. The kids love going there and I like going there for them because it’s so shallow there isn’t much worry about them getting too deep. Joseph really is the only one I have to keep an eye on now. Yesterday was a lot of fun for them because there were so many kids there. The Trivett’s, Beaudette’s, Marc Chapman, Troop’s, Julia Froystein and Callie, and the Rhodes were all there for part of the afternoon. The Brimhall’s and Holmstead’s were there for fireworks as well. We left at 8:00 because we were going to go to the Fuller’s to watch fireworks because they have a neighbor who does them. As it turns out, the neighbor isn’t doing them until tomorrow night. Brother Fuller did try calling Paul but he didn’t hear the phone so we wasted time going there and got lots of mosquito bites. Then, because fireworks were still going on at the Goguen’s we went back there and got to watch for half an hour or 45 minutes. We got home rather late and everyone 21 and under went straight to bed.
Today is another day of I don’t know what. Paul got lots of wood split but before too much gets stacked, the pallets need to be finished and we really could use new ones. I haven’t been out to see just how much he got done or where he piled it up but I will before too long. I would like to finish reading Falls the Shadow. I need to wash a load of whites. I made some ice-cream base yesterday and froze one batch. I should do more today. Because it was so hot and humid, it took forever for it to freeze.
Realistically, I would love to move somewhere where there is less humidity and where it cools off more at night. If it weren’t for the a/c, I wouldn’t be able to sleep very well because it has only been ‘cooling’ off to the high 60’s. I get crabby and I know it and it is so hard to control it’s awful. Yesterday while the boys were finishing up lunch and I was cooking the first lobster, Paul was teasing the kids and they were full of questions and I just couldn’t handle it. I was ready to cry I was so annoyed with everything. I hate hot weather and I’ve discovered that I hate humidity even more.

And with that, I hope you have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment