Sunday, July 28, 2013

The Tweety Birds are Back!

Good morning. Just 10 minutes ago there was much fog outside. Now it has lifted to the treetops or beyond and we mostly have a cool, if somewhat humid, overcast day. I have decided that while I’m thankful we have an AC unit in our room, I prefer days when we do not feel the need to use it. Although I can hear the goats when they get vocal more through open windows, I also hear the birds and I miss that when I can’t hear them. They are what we miss with the AC going; the goats I still hear. Right now I hear Snowflake.
This was the screen of one of the windows when I came downstairs. Muy interesante, eh?
Yesterday was a somewhat busyish day. The morning was full of folding and putting away towels and a load of whites. Laundry is always exciting.
Because I hadn’t been successful at getting pictures ordered Friday, I wanted to be sure to do it yesterday. I stopped at Walmart in Gardner to see if their one-hour thing was working but it was still out of commission. I’d looked online at the fairly local Walmart’s to see which ones had photo processing and the website that Rindge did so I went there after Gardner. Well, they do have a photo center, after a fashion. They have two kiosks where you can do instant printing tucked away in their electronics center. Not what I wanted. Gardner has that. The price for 4x6 prints is not much more and might have been something to do but I also wanted 5x7’s and a couple of 8x10’s and the prices for them was substantially higher. The 8x10 price was something like double the 1-hour price. Not happening. I knew that the Lancaster Walmart was supposed to have a photo center and also knew it was more likely to actually have a photo center because it is a larger store. So, that was my next stop. Sure enough, they have a real photo center tucked away in the back corner nearest the main entrance so I did what I needed to do and was soon on my way home. I could have stuck around for an hour but since I didn’t take any money or a debit card, it would have done me no good. I can pick them up tomorrow on the way home from dropping Laura off in Boston.
Now it is time to take care of the goats and have one of the boys feed the dogs.
Milking was a new experience this morning. For some reason known only to her, Trista decided to go out with me. Well, Snowflake seems to be afraid of her so she didn’t want to get up on the milking stand. Of course, the others wanted out; they want grain always. She finally came out, but was going for the side of the grain bucket instead of through the stanchion and that usually means it’s going to get spilled in short order so I took the grain and goodies to dump in the black thing that I usually do once she’s ready to be milked so she doesn’t get twice as much as she needs and then took her back out. Trista had followed me into the goats pen, so she needed to come out but Snowflake got up like she’s supposed to and all progressed from that point normally with the slight exception of Trista licking out the bowl that I take the grain and treats for the non-milking goats. I am a bit annoyed with the amount of milk. I’m not sure why it’s declining but declining it is. She gets enough food and water. Maybe the excitement of having Trista out was too much for her today.
I found another mistake in the phlebotomy study guide. This time in the answers. I wonder if I should note all of these mistakes and write a letter to the publisher.
Joanna went to a Taylor Swift concert in Boston yesterday with Shayna. It appears that she stayed at Shayna’s after since she isn’t home. It would surely be nice if she would let me know what she’s doing. I really should report her missing one of these times and see what happens.
Nothing else much to report other than the tweety birds (robins) are back. They’ve been back but I haven’t heard them much. I’ve heard them this week and it’s very nice.

Have a wondiferous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment