Monday, July 22, 2013

Lovely Monday

Good morning! I can handle the temperature this morning at the moment (67°) and I’m not quite sure I believe that it is 98% humidity. If it was, I’m pretty sure I’d see something out there and I don’t. Tonight sometime after 8:00 we are supposed to have a full moon and it’s supposed to be another big one. If we have no clouds, hopefully I can get some pictures of it.
Yesterday was another low key day. We went to church, came home, ate, I took a nap, we had family prayer, scriptures, and Family Home Evening, we ate ice-cream, and went to bed. In a nutshell.
Amena wanted to be early because she was leading music again and wanted to get her spot by the organ. So I took her, Cedric and Joseph in the bug. Laura needed to drive because she wanted to leave after Sacrament meeting to go to Ludlow for a YSA thing so she took Cedric. Paul took himself in the Jetta when he was ready. Joanna took Joseph in the Jeep when she was ready. Four vehicles for eight people. A bit ridiculous in my book but when we wait for everyone, we are invariably late even if it’s only by five minutes. Some days that just isn’t acceptable. Like yesterday.
Sacrament meeting was good. We had Clayton Christensen as a speaker which was good. He is a professor of Business Administration at Harvard Business School and is in the Boston mission presidency. He told a story about knowledge that was really something. He told another one that was good but I don’t remember it at the moment.
Sunday School was good. Young Women was good. Yesterday was the last Sunday I got to fill in for a missing teacher. There were four girls which is one more than the week before but only one of them had been there the week before. Two were visiting and one had been gone with her family the week before. We talked about names and what it means to be a Christian.
And speaking of that, why are so many people afraid of religion? All over the place religious freedoms are being eroded and from what I’ve read, it isn’t that people don’t think we need religion; it’s that they are afraid of those who are religious.
Laura did leave after Sacrament meeting. After church, I left with Seth and Joseph. Joanna waited for Amena who had a meeting and brought her home. Paul wanted to talk to Clayton Christensen because he’s known him for years and used to meet with him regularly for one of his callings. Cedric ended up waiting and coming home with Paul. Pretty exciting.
When I got home with Seth and Joseph I started getting food ready. I’d taken some steaks out of the freezer before we left to grill. When I got home I realized that one of them said pot roast so I wasn’t sure if it wanted to be grilled or not. It wasn’t like any pot roast I’d ever seen and looked more like a really thick steak. Anyway, because I wasn’t sure about that, I took a package of pork chops out and defrosted them in the microwave. I collected some cucumbers from the garden as well as a head of broccoli. Two of the cucumbers got peeled and sliced and the broccoli got grilled along with the head I’d gotten at the Westminster Farmer’s Market last week. Then, because we needed to eat whether everyone was home or not, I started cooking the meat. Joanna left with Joseph to return a phone charger to Shayna and Paul got home not long after they left. I grilled away and left the pot roast to Paul who went ahead and grilled it. Joanna and Joseph arrived after we had started eating. When we were done, I cut up half a watermelon and the boys made short work of that.
Then I went and took a nap. I kept getting interrupted by boys who just had to ask questions but I did get to sleep. Twice. When I finally woke up, it was 7:00 already. I went downstairs and put some ice-cream on to freeze. We read a chapter and had family prayer and watched the video that I’d had the girls watch at church. Then we sang a song and had another prayer.
Amena and Cedric brought in the goats and everyone went to bed. The boys all slept in the back room. I cut up the other half of the watermelon and washed dishes. Laura finally got home sometime between 9 and 10 and Joanna just had to go out to talk to Shayna. I’m not sure when she got home but it was probably when the dogs started barking in the middle of the night.
When we were sitting at the table eating ice-cream, I looked at the phone and said, “California didn’t call?” Nope. Paul had had the boys call because Cedric wanted to go to Comet Pond. Comet Pond never happened. I didn’t think Seth should go because his cough isn’t getting any better and it really wasn’t all that warm by the time anyone would have gone.
And that is that. Laura and Joanna both have work today as does Paul. Laura doesn’t work until 3:00 so she is going to dye Amena’s air brown. Amena is going to finish getting ready for Girl’s Camp. I don’t know what everyone else is going to do. It’s not supposed to get too hot today—just in the 70’s. My list of things to do is long enough to keep me busy and has things on it that children can help with. Currently Seth is the only other person awake and up. The goat needs to be milked and the dogs fed.

Have a fantabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment