Monday, July 15, 2013

Short 450 Word Day

Good morning! When I walked out of the bedroom this morning, I fully expected to be assailed by the oppressive heat but was pleasantly surprised. In the house it is quite nice.
Yesterday I remembered to take with me to church everything I needed to but while there forgot to give the Troops their soap. Such is life.
Church was good. Our speakers were our new Relief Society presidency, including secretary: Joy Yang, Nikki Lawrence, Linda Trivett and Amy Troop. All good talks. Sunday School was good. Young Women’s was good. I am extremely glad that Louise Nally asked me to teach the Beehives two weeks ago so that I would be in a place where Alicia Willard would think to ask me to teach Laurels yesterday and next week and that Alicia thought to mention two specific lessons because the lesson I did yesterday was just exactly what I needed to hear. Hopefully it was as good for the girls as it was for me.
After church we had kielbasa for lunch with cucumbers and left over macaroni salad. After that, I went to the Fuller’s with Paul for home teaching. They are renting a house in Templeton that has spectacular views. I can just imagine watching lightening from their living room, it must be out of this world.
I can’t share with you what I wrote Saturday because I didn’t write anything. And yesterday being Sunday, it wasn’t on my list of things to do. In fact, there wasn’t anything on my list for yesterday. It’s good to take a day off now and then as long as it is only about once a week. Today I should produce something.
Right now it is about time to go milk. And now it is a few minutes later and the goat is milked. And, having been outside, I can say that it is entirely too warm for the time.
Yesterday Linda Trivett asked if I sit and watch the children when we go to Goguen’s. While I usually take something with me, and when it’s really hot, I do get in the water upon occasion, I do kind of just relax while we’re there. Linda said that she loves to sit in the sun and if I wouldn’t mind, I should give them a call the next time we go. I’m totally fine with that and I’m sure this week will provide ample opportunities to go since it’s supposed to be in the high 80’s to low 90’s all week. That means I will need to get in the water upon occasion but won’t want to do much else.

And for now, that’s about it. Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment