Friday, July 19, 2013

Too Hot; Too Humid

Good morning! Just the usual complaints this morning. Today is supposed to be even worse than yesterday so that’s not something I’m looking forward to.
Yesterday morning Julia Froystein and I went to visit teach Laurie Orzel. That was nice. Julia and Laurie are both very interesting women even as they are extremely different from one another. Vastly different life experiences make for very lively and fascinating conversations.
After that, I worked on baby balls. Amena helped by stuffing the pieces. I think I only had to stuff two, maybe three. That’s really great because the stuffing is my least favorite part. I finished the one I needed to for the baby shower last night and the other two I sewed together after I got home from it.
The baby shower was nice. I don’t know if it’s just a trend or what but they don’t seem to include games any more. Food, as in a light meal, opening gifts, and cake seem to be the order of the day. That’s great, but games really are kind of fun. And they help women get to know each other a little better.
Joanna took Amena and the boys to Comet Pond with Shayna last night for most of the time I was at the shower. Laura was at work. I left close to 8:00 even though people were still visiting because I had a book to finish and balls to finish and other fun things to do. When I got home, the boys were watching a movie. I went ahead and let them finish because it was so hot even though it got over after 9:00. Cedric and Joseph are still abed. Seth isn’t but I think that’s partly because he’s been coughing.
Speaking of Seth’s cough, I’m thinking of taking him to the doctor because it’s been hanging on for a few days now and it began with him not feeling well—headache and general lethargy. Too many people have had bronchitis and pneumonia. If he doesn’t have anything, great. If he does, I’d like to know so I can take care of it.
Last night I finished Inheritance. It was good. Definitely not quite what I expected. Today my list isn’t currently very long so I am hoping to finish everything. One of the things on it is to take Amena shopping for things she needs for girls camp. As soon as I finish up here, I’ll shower, call the doctor and Amena and I will go. Laura doesn’t work until 3:00 so the boys will be fine at home.
I know this is short, but the heat and humidity have really slowed things down around here—noone feels like doing much of anything other than playing with Legos. I don’t even feel like ranting about anything. That is really sad. So. . .

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment