Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th of July

Good morning and Happy Independence Day!!!
Yesterday the boys and I finished stacking the split wood and I started cleaning up around the wood pile. Paul mentioned how once the wood is stacked, if often shifts overnight and sometimes will shift so much that it falls over. Well, I was taking a critical look at it and realized that some of the pallets on which we stack wood, are on top of pallets. After pulling some of them up, it is no wonder that the wood shifts; it is being stacked on a very unsure foundation. Hopefully it will be some better when I’m done.
Amena went to the theater with Sarah Trivett and Amanda Woods yesterday afternoon and then stayed overnight at the Trivett’s.
The boys and I went to Comet Pond after supper. There were only four other people there and two of them never got in the water because they’d heard that there was something in the water that would make you sick. I’m pretty sure they mentioned either dates or times but I hadn’t heard anything about it and there were people out on boats and kayaks so I wasn’t going to let something that someone heard stop us. The other two left after we’d been there for a while and then we had it to ourselves. The water felt nice but it isn’t as clean is it used to be. I don’t know if that’s due to the frequent rains or what. Still, it’s the cleanest and most mineral free water I’ve seen around here and it was certainly different to have no one else there.
Currently our temperature is at 72°. That wouldn’t be bad if the humidity weren’t over 93%. Seriously. It looks like Bonners Ferry and Yreka are both coming in at 66°. And, the other day, I added Bloomfield and Cuba, New Mexico, just for fun and because we lived near both. Bloomfield is 67° while Cuba is 61°. And, since Paul applied for a job near Kalispell, Montana, I added it was well; they are currently 54°.
City
Current Time
Current°
High°/Humidity %
Low°/Humidity %
Dew Point °
Bloomfield, NM
5:44 am
63
92/45
63/29
44
Bonners Ferry, ID
4:44 am
53
81/62
51/44
45
Cuba, NM
5:44 am
61
84/48
54/30
45
Hubbardston, MA
7:44 am
73
89/90
68/49
70
Kalispell, MT
5:44 am
51
88/74
54/27
49
Yreka, CA
4:44 am
63
93/49
56/34
45
Based on the above information, where do you suppose I’d rather be right now? I think it would be Cuba or Kalispell and since I have absolutely no desire to go to New Mexico, I’d take Kalispell. Due point is always interesting to look at and it says a lot that ours is at 70°. Wow.
On tap for today is a lot of I don’t know. Paul wants to split wood but probably won’t do much if it’s too hot and humid. I finished Brisinger yesterday and wouldn’t mind finishing Falls the Shadow today although I have over 400 pages left so I kind of doubt that will happen. The boys want to go to Goguen’s. There is water there as well as fireworks so we might do that although Paul is leaning toward going to Fuller’s for fireworks because they’re nearer. It looks like most places near us had their fireworks last night so we kind of missed out on that. A few are having them tonight but they are all rather distant.

So, have a wonderful 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment